What Certification Trade Marks Are & Benefits
Discover the Benefits of Certification Trade Marks for Your Business
But first, what is a certification trade mark?
IP Australia defines a certification trade mark as an identifier of “goods or services that possess a particular standard or characteristic. Standards commonly certified include quality, content, manufacturing method and geographic origin.” Unlike a standard trade mark that’s used to protect a business’s goods or services, such as a logo or tagline, a certification trade mark authorises users to guarantee that their goods or services are of a particular standard.
For example, Nike’s world-famous swoosh logo and “Just Do It” slogan are standard trade marks used to distinguish their apparel from similar or competing sporting brands.
On the other hand, EPA’s globally recognised ENERGY STAR certification trademark is used to qualify products that meet or beat the energy efficiency standards set by the EPA.
Here are some certification trade mark examples in Australia
- Australia Profits – certifies that a licensee of our certified trade mark is wholly Australian owned, and will not distribute profits to a person or entity in a country outside of Australia
- The Woolmark® – certifies that products bearing the mark are made according to guidelines set out by the Australian Wool Research and Promotion organisation
- FODMAP Friendly– certifies that foods have been tested for FODMAP contents and have less than defined thresholds for a standard serving
Certification marks you might’ve come across may include foods meeting certain healthier criteria (e.g. low-GI choices), service-based standards (e.g. CFP® Certification) and sun-protective clothing labels (e.g. Sun Protection Certification Trade Mark).
Why use the Australia Profits certification trade mark?
From strengthening the Australian labour market, to reinforcing production and manufacturing within our borders, there are plenty of reasons to go local. With the COVID-19 global pandemic further driving the movement, we’ve dedicated an entire blog that covers why you should support Australian small businesses, the benefits, and how you can do your part.
Supporting Australia’s future and bolstering our local economy, Australia Profits certifies and champions 100% Australian owned businesses. Through our simple certification process, we’re doing our bit to celebrate our people, our communities and our country.
The Australia Profits certification trademark helps to:
- Let customers know instantly that you’re an Australian business
- Show your dedication to supporting Australia
- Demonstrates that your products or services are of a certain quality and instils trust
- Boost your own brand recognition and exposure, via our website
- Set your business apart from competitors, local and abroad
Covering all industries including construction, professional services, manufacturing, food and beverage, and retail, here’s how you can join Australia Profits and become a partner.
How you can use the Australia Profits branding for your business
Australia Profits has three certification tiers for you to choose from – Bronze, Silver and Gold. Depending on what’s the right fit for your business, each tier offers different features. Whichever tier you decide on, every package entitles you to a directory listing on our website which drives more online traffic and exposure to your business.
When you opt for our Silver and Gold certification packages, you’ll also have access to our full branding suite. This means that you can use the Australia Profits logo to promote your goods or services, while distinguishing your business from foreign owned entities.
A few ideas on how you can incorporate the Australia Profits logo into your marketing initiatives:
- Website – in the header, footer and/or on your ‘about’ page
- Social media – in your Facebook business page banner, Instagram highlights, regular posts, etc.
- Product and shipping packaging
- Emails – embedded into your e-newsletters and email signature
- Marketing collateral – business cards, brochures, flyers, etc.
- Signage and stickers – displayed on your shopfront window, on the counter, on your fleet etc.
Our master logo is provided in various formats to ensure versatility across your chosen platforms.
Whether you’re a tradie, a small grocer, an accountant, or an online homewares store, we’d love to welcome you into our family. Show your Aussie pride and sign up today. For more information, please get in touch with us by calling 1800 512 286.